Saturday, May 24, 2014

Horse is An Amazing Creature!


11:42PM
I am writing this blog as everyone is getting ready to go to bed. We have a service trip tomorrow at 7am.
Looking back at today trip, I have come to know so many amazing things that I will appreciate everyday in life. First, we went to Agape, a horse farm where horses are trained to provide therapy service to children and adults with either physical and emotional disabilities. The founder of Agape gave us a tour on the history of the farm and their goals in serving the community. She told us stories about how her family started the farm, difficulties, and tragedy they have faced in more than a decade. The most most passionate thing that I recognized was about how her family overcame those hardships to achieve a better goal and also excel the community. I have always hold my positive attitude in any situation and believe that it would help me go through my difficulties and also inspire other people to overcome theirs.
As mentioned, people with disabilities receive therapy from interaction with horses at the farm. When I heard the founder told us stories about a boy who did not talk at all to his parents and friends, started giving orders to his horse to start walking or to stop.
http://agaperiding.org/

 I watched a video of a senior with Alzheimer, who stopped talking for awhile, had actually started talking to a dog who be closed to him. I was amazed of how animals can do significant things to human that humans cannot do to others. I was happy to hear that horses at Agape have helped so many kids with disabilities developed their physical and mental strength.
We went to Indianapolis Museum of Art, had supper, went to YMCA for shower but ended up saving water because it closed early on Saturdays. I feel a little bit itchy now. It's okay. Tomorrow is a better day :)
Good night!
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment